grundleborg

open source stuff

  • Twitter Feed

    Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.

BugDay 2 Results

Posted by grundleborg on April 21, 2008

Bug Day 2 is over, and I’m happy to announce that we have completed the triage of KHTML bugs. However if you missed out, do come along and help, as there is still lots of work to do. We’ve got to double check and follow up on hundreds of bugs before the task is properly complete.

Now for the statistics I promised. (Disclaimer: I make no guarantees that these statistics are any more accurate than the results of a monkey trying to write Shakespeare on a typewriter. If you want to be certain, check for yourself.)

  • Over 100 people visited our IRC channel during the day, with a peak of 60 at the same time at one point.
  • 18 people tackled at least one set of bugs each (up from 11 on bug day 1), with a total of 27 months of bugs being triaged, containing a total of…
  • 500 bugs triaged.
  • ~100 bugs were not present in the current svn trunk of Konqueror, so these will either be scheduled for backporting or closed in due course.

However, in my opinion, the most pleasing thing that happened on the bug day was the response to my half way update blog post. I asked if anyone could help us with some Outlook Web Access and Printing bugs since none of the active triagers were able to test these bugs. Within ten minutes of posting the blog, 2 people had already come to the IRC channel to volunteer to help with these two requirements. Within 2 hours, at least 6 people had come forward. This just shows what a healthy community KDE has – that people are so readily willing to step forward and help out.

Advertisements

3 Responses to “BugDay 2 Results”

  1. mzanetti said

    yeah. It was great fun workung with you all. I think the results are really good and hope the next bug day will be at least as successful as this one.

  2. Jeff said

    *sigh*

    I had every intention of helping out this time around. After an “emerge world” on my testbed, all of the sudden I kept getting “makeobj: command not found” for my kde-devel user. Just that one – not for my main user account or root. So I couldn’t even get a working KDE4 environment going.

    Hopefully if you guys do something like this again I’ll be there to help track stuff down.

  3. grundleborg said

    @Jeff

    There will definitely be more of these bug days. We’re thinking every two weeks at the moment, so expect to hear an announcment about the next one in about a weeks time. Really hope you can join us for it. The more the merrier 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: